Wednesday, March 23, 2011

An introduction to my HeartGold Nuzlocke challenge...

Recently I've discovered a plethora of Pokemon comics that tell the story of gamers undertaking the 'Nuzlocke Challenge'. For those who don't know the rules of a Nuzlock challenge, here are the two main rules:
  1. When a pokemon faints, it is dead and must either be perma'boxed or released
  2. Only the first pokemon in each area may be caught, if killed no second chances
The unspoken rule is that each pokemon must be nicknamed. Obviously the challenge not only adds a level of difficulty to the game, it also adds a layer a depth as trainers begin to bond with pokemon and play more cautiously to avoid their death...


Never give up, never forget, grind like hell

For my own sanity I added extra rules and modified the second:
  1. Same as the original
  2. Only the first available pokemon in each area can be caught, I can choose to pass over unwanted ones
  3. No duplicates (for example, no multiple Pidgeys)
  4. Only TMs, HMs, evolving stones, and held items can be used, healing can only be done at Pokecenter. (For Arceus-sake I'm only breaking this rule for the Elite Four, I can't be that cruel)
  5. No trade pokemon, in-game or otherwise
And that pretty much covers it, I'll be reporting my progress as I go along. I plan on presenting a story exclusive to the blog so look forward to that.

So without further ado, let me introduce the trainer of my story:
Auggie and his Totodile Brosidon!






2 comments:

  1. OMG this is too hard core for me hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pokemon have better health care than us...

    ReplyDelete