Monday, February 28, 2011

Current State of MMO's

So I don't know how many of my fellow N3RDS here play MMO'S but I for one am extremely disappointed with the current state of MMO's. WoW currently while boasting of over 12 million subscribers is having a mass debate on their forums over the state of their newest expansion. You either love it or you hate it. With their newest content patch in the works it will be a deciding factor if Blizzard will continue to be a juggernaut or if it will finally start to decline. Time will tell how this patch will be received. On another note I recently had a chance to play the Rifts Beta. Rifts is like many other previous released MMO's in the past a supposed WoW killer. However after spending a few weeks of Beta testing it I feel that its not going to be any better then the past Fantasy type MMO's that were suppose to kill WoW. The game play and style of Rifts smacks to much of being like WoW. The only possible MMO to maybe put a dent into WoW is the upcoming Star Wars Kotor MMO. I admit to being fully bias in my hopes for it due to being a HUGE Star Wars fan. However from what has been released of the game play style my hopes are being crushed. Its not a MMO in the classical sense of the term due to mostly single play and no real end game to speak of just missions of needing buddies to do that is it. So in the long run recapping I think the only way WoW will be killed is if it kills its self and at the rate Blizzard is treating their cash cow that is WoW it may be sooner then later. Til then I will continue being one its loyal 12 million subscribers cause in my opinion its still by far the best MMO on the market even with its current faults.

1 comment:

  1. #1 - Blue text, on a blue background... what were you thinking?

    #2 - You need to work on your grammar and punctuation.

    ReplyDelete