Wednesday, February 23, 2011

N3RDCORE FOR L1FE!

I'm gonna share something with you folks. As much as I am a proud geek, I do dabble in 'non-nerd' interests here and there. I follow basketball, football, and boxing. Another area I have a passion for is hip-hop. Now you've probably heard of Nerdcore Hip-Hop, where geekstas like ourselves can express our passion over some equally nerdy beats. But let's be honest, I don't see Nerdcore cracking the Top-40, nor do I really want it to.

Anyway, for the most part, Nerdcore has been a niche market where only hardcore geeks can get the references. Here today is one possible exception. Random AKA Mega Ran has teamed up with Lost Perception to release the Black Materia LP.

Yes, a hip-hop concept album based on the classic JRPG Final Fantasy VII. Whats amazing is not only do the lyrics follow the story, it sounds phenomenal. It brings it back to the 90's hip-hop scene of A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul. Will it be a crossover hit? Probably now, but for now check it out this tracked sampled from Tifa's Theme titled "Tifa"


Download the LP here

No comments:

Post a Comment